20 April 2013

Back from Kedron

Our family returned from a busy and profitable week at Camp Kedron last night.  It was an amazing week as God did incredible things among the leaders and the campers.  Laura and I were "camp parents" and Laura also tackled the role of being camp nurse - a huge job and responsibility.  She was phenomenal and I am very proud of her servant's heart and flexibility.  There were a few times she had to wake up in the middle of the night to tend to sick campers and she did it with a joyful attitude.  After the camp Laura was migraine free too, so that is a wonderful added blessing!

My role was expanded to teaching and leading workshops with the leadership team, and all of them stepped up in a huge way in their discussion groups.  Many of the kids were completely transformed by the end of camp, having repented and trusted Jesus Christ as Saviour and LORD.  I believe we were all challenged, encouraged, and changed by God's grace.  This camp was a tangible testimony of the power of God's love through Jesus and the Body of Christ.  So thanks to all of you who have been praying.  Your prayers were certainly heard and answered, and may the fruit remain for eternity!

The verses God gave me at the beginning of camp were fulfilled in our midst.  For many of us, this was not our first camp and there is always a danger we might look to our experience instead of the leading of the Holy Spirit.  Any expectations we might have had were overcome by His miraculous power, grace, and love.  Isaiah 43:18-21 reads, "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. 20 The beast of the field will honor Me, the jackals and the ostriches, because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen. 21 This people I have formed for Myself; they shall declare My praise." Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)