09 March 2015

Divine Appointments

The phrase "divine appointment" is commonly used by Christians to acknowledge God's hand in orchestrating meaningful moments.  God does not employ "luck" or "coincidence" to accomplish His will, but leads us with or without our knowledge.  These divine arrangements do not only go one way.  Sometimes God has used me to share words through which others benefited, and God has used many to minister to me.  No matter your calling or role in the Body of Christ, the Holy Spirit dwelling within every believer has the wisdom and power to speak everlasting truth through you with power and authority.

When you think of "divine appointments," do you view yourself typically as the one who imparts or the one who receives?  It would be supremely improbable anyone could find themselves smack in the middle.  With the amount of writing, teaching, and conversing I do, I would say I tend towards the "imparting" side.  To be balanced, I need to make an intentional effort to be quick to listen and slow to speak.  Why is this balance important?  Because God wants to use others to share with me what He has taught them, just as He desires I share what He has taught me.  If I only talk about what I know or think, how can I receive from others what God has provided for them to share me?  It's hard to talk with your mouth stuffed with food, and it's practically impossible to listen when your ears are full of the sound of your own voice.

We should be excited to share what God is teaching us with other people.  Let's be just as excited to hear and receive what God is teaching others!  My "two cents" never amounts to much.  How good it is to hear what God says in His Word, and what an encouragement to hear what God has impressed on others through it.  Be ready for your next divine appointment, whether you are speaking or listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)