18 June 2010

God Will!

When I look upon how far God has brought me it energizes my faith to believe how far He will take me.  Willpower falls woefully short of the fulfillment of God's will.  It is the empowerment of the Holy Spirit which not only goads us but enables us to do anything.  At the top of a grand peak the climber might shout "I did it!" in exhilaration, yet a Christian after conquering the weakest of temptation or the greatest of struggles humbly says, "You did it, God.  Amazing considering the weak vessels you choose to use!"  When we have done all our duty we are still unprofitable servants, and all profit comes from the gracious hand of God.

If we neglect to consider where we have been, it's likely we'll lose our way wherever we're going.  Many biblical prayers include a history lesson which is not always the most flattering.  Take the prayer of praise in Nehemiah 9:5-37.  There is much confession of sin, rebellion, idolatry, and stubbornness of previous generations.  There was no blame placed on their forefathers, just a honest rehearsal of events both past and present.  Neh. 9:33-35 says, "However You are just in all that has befallen us; for You have dealt faithfully, but we have done wickedly. [34] Neither our kings nor our princes, our priests nor our fathers, have kept Your law, nor heeded Your commandments and Your testimonies, with which You testified against them. [35] For they have not served You in their kingdom, or in the many good things that You gave them, or in the large and rich land which You set before them; nor did they turn from their wicked works."  God brought the children out of Egypt, into the Promised Land, and delivered them from captivity in Babylon as well.  Though they had not been perfect, God had been faithful.

I'm not perfect but I know that what God has promised He is able to perform.  I know He has called me to minister for His glory, will eventually fulfill my calling on earth, and usher me into eternal glory by His grace.  God will do His part:  I must be willing to do mine!  Help me Father to live as if all depended on me with the knowledge that you are the one who does all!  Thank you it is not me, but Christ in me who can accomplish anything.  You are worthy of all trust, honor, and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)