02 January 2011

A Time to Fly

The big moment has almost arrived!  Tomorrow my wife and two sons will be boarding a plane bound for Sydney, Australia!  People ask me:  "Are you excited?"  Frankly, I don't know when I wasn't excited.  But at the same time it feels unbelievable, that the day that hardly seemed imaginable will become a soon reality.  One of my sons have not even been out of the state of California, much less off the continent!  A challenge and change awaits us.

Thank God that He is LORD of the heavens and the earth.  As the words of David relate in Psalm 139:7-18:  "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," even the night shall be light about me; 12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You. 13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. 17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You."

How marvelous are the works of our God!  Though we leave family and friends dear to us, we look forward to friends and family in Christ we join in service to God in Australia.  Tomorrow is already written in God's book, but I have a part in walking according to His will.  Though we may be out of sight and out of mind of men, our God will never forget us.  He will never leave or forsake His children.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome God we have!!! I love your statement that tomorrow is already written in God's book. We have nothing to fear in Him. What hope we have in Him! No matter where He leads or what the day holds. Praising God for what He has done, is doing and will continue to do in and through you in Austrailia. You, Laura,the boys and all of Austrailia are in my prayers. I thank God for what your lives have shown me about the goodness of God and following Him!!! I love you Grisez Family!!! May God see you safely to Austrailia and bless every moment of the flight there. Love in Jesus, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful flight. See you soon. -John & Tina

    ReplyDelete

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)