08 September 2011

A milestone...and still miles to go!

Blogs are interesting animals.  I suppose the motivation for regularly maintaining blogs are endless.  For some it might be strictly cathartic, for others it might be the opportunity for self-revelation.  Though an avid reader, I spend virtually no time reading blogs.  Some are chronological family reports, while others are dedicated to political rant.  I have the feeling that some blogs scream, "Look at me!" in a frantic attempt for significance in the vast yet cluttered cyberspace.

I am convinced people write blogs so people will read them.  I write because I believe it is what God wants me to do.  With the amount of writing I do in study and sermon preparation, it seems unnecessary for me to write more.  This blog is a medium which allows me to share the truth He teaches me with others who care to hear it.  Today this blog has notched over 10,000 page views from all over the world, and to me that is a significant milestone.  Tack on another zero and that will be another milestone.  If you are curious, the most views have come from these countries:  United States, Australia, Malaysia, South Korea, and the United Kingdom.  As great as it is to see people browsing the blog, my prayer (and yes, I pray that God uses this thing) is that through reading people would come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and be encouraged in their faith.  One page-view God uses to this end is worth a billion views to me.  In the end, I can take no credit because I have only done (and sometimes left undone) what is my joyful duty to do.

Thank you for taking the time to read.  Just because someone puts in effort to write does not mean it is worth reading.  I am humbled and blessed to have a LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ who gives us gifts which we can give back to Him for His glory.  What gifts has God given you?  How can you use them to bring honor and glory to His name?  Whatever God has gifted you to do, do that thing.  Do it well, seek to improve, and keep doing it.  In a parable Jesus told, He illustrated the benefits of simple faithfulness.  Matthew 25:21 says, "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'"  You don't need to wait until heaven to hear well done.  You don't need to physically die before you enter into the joy of the LORD.  If you are obedient and faithful, you do well to enter into the joy of the LORD today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)