07 September 2014

Surrender, Praise, and Enjoy!

There is truly nothing more exciting, humbling, and amazing than being part of God's forever family.  The life God has for us is better and broader than we could ever have dreamed up for ourselves.  God is faithful to lead and guide His people faithfully, providing for our necessities and granting opportunities to serve all over the world.  It is wonderful when we experience the joy and peace of God and are content in our circumstances - only to have God prompt us to go through an open door He has sovereignly placed before us.  God's ways are past finding out, and what a joy to know it is He who will be faithful to lead us every step of the way.

Years ago I served on staff at Calvary Chapel El Cajon with Lynette Lynn.  A time came when God moved her to another local ministry where she has been serving for six years.  She posted a status update that took me back in my mind to the time when I discovered God had called me out of ministering in San Diego and would establish my family and me in Australia.  I was blessed by her honesty, transparency, and obedience to share what God revealed and confirmed to her heart.  And with her permission, I am delighted to share her exhortation to faith in God with you!
In early July I sat on the beach with Lord, journal in hand, asking Him to speak to me. As I stared out at the ocean God reminded me of my love for roller coasters. Just as quickly He reminded me of that love, He reminded me of one ride that I HATE at Magic Mountain called "Viper." The reason I hate Viper is because the beginning of the ride goes VERY slowly, giving me 30 seconds to think about all the possible ways I might die on the ride. I love roller coasters that start out fast and end fast because there is no time for me to think. Naturally, I asked God why He was talking to me about roller coasters. Clearly He impressed on my heart this message "Lynette, you have two choices when it comes to doing what I ask you to do. One choice is to hang on for dear life and white-knuckle this ride. The other choice is to put your hands up in surrender and praise and enjoy the ride. The reality is, the ride is taking the same course no matter how you decide to ride."
As I sat there marinating in that thought, God made it clear that my season at the Rock Church had ended. I sat there shocked...I've been there 6 years and I was convinced I would be there until the day I died. I left the beach and didn't tell anyone, including my husband what God had told me. I spent the longest week of my life wrestling with the Lord. I was anxious all the time. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat (much), was in tears at the drop of a hat. I was irritable, angry and just lacking peace. I finally decided I would tell my husband Bob what God had told me. His response: "Lynette, I would go anywhere God told us to go, even the desert." My response: "Whoa, that's just crazy talk! You know I am a beach girl." Well... as God would have it, one text, and 2 hours later I received an email from a church in Indian Wells, Ca. (IN THE DESERT) looking for a someone to direct their Kids Ministry!
I don't want to make this long post any longer but I will tell you that I have NEVER EVER seen God's hand so clearly in directing my life. I would say there has been a minimum of 20 different ways God has confirmed this is the way we should go. So the bottom line is, I am humbled and honored to say that I have accepted a position at Southwest Community Church. We are packing up our world in San Diego and moving to the DESERT (this must be God) early in the month of November. Everything is moving so fast, last night our house went on the market and today we are having an Open House. As Bob Goff would say "We are living on the edge of YIKES."
What I do want to say is that there is NO GREATER JOY than being in the center of God's will. The past month has been a crazy roller coaster ride and every day I have to CHOOSE to put my hands up in SURRENDER and PRAISE and enjoy this ride!  Friends, if God is calling you to do something, whether big or small JUST DO IT and receive the blessing He has for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)