06 March 2016

Gospel Inspiration

The Gospel of Jesus Christ should impact the way we live our lives.  When I face circumstances which are potentially frustrating and difficult, considering what Jesus has done for me helps me to meet issues with genuine joy.  Thinking about all Christ has freely given me transforms my perspective and aids me to show His love to others.

In our discipleship course we have been talking about seeing our lives through the lens of the Gospel, and keeping this in mind has been vital in me keeping a biblical perspective.  No matter how tired I am, inconvenienced I feel, or the depth of self-sacrifice is too great, Jesus has done infinitely greater for me.  What did Jesus do after a long day of ministry and people continued to seek Him?  He kept on ministering with grace and love.  Was it convenient for Him to leave the glory of heaven, put on human flesh, and take the form of a servant of all?  Is there any pain I have experienced like Christ endured when He was rejected, betrayed, scorned, and crucified?  Not a chance.  Jesus freely chose to be separated from the Father for my sin and it wasn't fair or fun.  It was loving, good, and merciful, but it was the most unfair thing in a human sense ever experienced on earth.  And Jesus still did it rejoicing, for He always did the will of the Father.

The next time you catch yourself feeling inconvenienced, annoyed, frustrated, or feeling resentment because people have been inconsiderate towards you, consider what Jesus has endured for your sake.  Instead of being preoccupied with what loving and serving other people is costing you, remember and praise God that Jesus freely paid a higher cost for your sake joyfully and without complaint.  When we weigh all we have freely received from God, we are able to freely give.  May our lives be a testimony of the Gospel lived out for all to see that God may be glorified for the power of His love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)