23 March 2016

Rejoice in the LORD Always

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"
Philippians 4:4

How good it is for us to thank and praise God!  Paul exhorted believers to rejoice in the LORD always, and he wrote this whilst incarcerated.  The Christian life is one of faith, not feelings.  I imagine Paul did not always feel like rejoicing in the LORD because of his circumstances, but he urged all to rejoice in the LORD always.  No matter what season of life or the struggles we face, God remains good and praiseworthy.  Jesus gives fullness of joy to all who trust in Him.  Walking in the joy of the LORD is done by faith regardless of how we feel.

We can be so fixed on learning more about God or desirous to receive something from Him we can forget to simply rejoice in Him.  It is easy in this weak frame to forget of God's wondrous works and promises.  Yet how our souls soar when we praise God for being God!  When David's felt there was but a step between him and death, praising God gave his heart wings.  So great was his joy he wrote in Psalm 34:1-4, "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. 3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together. 4 I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."  We can rejoice in David's deliverance by God, knowing He remains a Deliverer for all who trust Him today.

Rejoice in the LORD always!  Thank Him and praise Him!  All who have encountered the presence of God respond with praise.  This morning I read Luke 1 and was blessed by how Zacharias, Elizabeth, and Mary all praised God and rejoiced in His goodness.  We can rejoice in God's goodness to them and can also rejoice that God's grace and goodness is extended to us as well.  Those who were barren God caused to give birth, and He would was dead God has raised in everlasting glory.  Hear the words of Hannah in 1 Samuel 2:1-2:  "And Hannah prayed and said: "My heart rejoices in the LORD; my horn is exalted in the LORD. I smile at my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation. 2 "No one is holy like the LORD, for there is none besides You, nor is there any rock like our God."  Let us rejoice in the LORD together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)