01 October 2009

I'm Thanking God

I have been praising God for His provision as I wait upon Him in OZ.  Staying at the Landman home has been a real pleasure, and has afforded me many great opportunities.  With a private area and internet access, I have been able to keep posting on the blog, sending correspondence, connecting to my family at home with Skype, and even prepared a sermon yesterday!  For the time being whoever reads this blog is my "congregation," because the opportunity to preach has not yet afforded itself.  In God's perfect time and manner, His will shall be accomplished.  Louis, Sonja, Louise, and Johan have been so hospitable and kind.

I have also been able to do some little projects around the house.  Today I installed a recessed light outside, vacuumed the carpets, hung out the washing ("laundry" is called "washing" here, and pretty much everyone that I've seen hangs their clothes to dry outside), and cooked up some syrup for tomorrow's breakfast.  I'm going to make pancakes tomorrow and hopefully they will be a big hit.  Johan tells me he likes to put cheese on his.  I'm going to stick with syrup and hold the cheese.

Another blessing is all the experience I'm having behind the wheel.  Louis has me drive almost every time we go out, and it has become so familiar that I have even dreamt of driving on the other side of the road.  Ever so often I'll still indicate with my windshield wipers (very ineffective I'll add) because the indicator is on the right side of the steering wheel.  The rear view mirror is still a misplaced object and it takes me a while to focus on the reflection and not the mirror itself.  Wednesdays we buy petrol (gasoline, and "gas" is propane) because on Thursdays the price shoots up a minimum of 10 cents per liter as if on schedule, and Thursday we typically buy all the food for the week.  Coles, Woolies (Woolworth's), and Aldi are our prime targets as Louis and Sonja hit all the specials (sales).  There's a great deal of words that are defined differently, like "boot" is the term for the trunk of the car, "trolley" is the grocery cart you push at a store.  Many of the trolleys here require a token purchased for one or two dollars, and when finished the trolley literally locks into the one it slides into.  This keeps the trolleys all in the correct bin.

I praise God for the Landman family and all those who have been so supportive on both sides of the Pacific.  There are a lot of changes going on in the Harvest Christian Fellowship Brisbane South, and when more information becomes available I will pass it along.  I am blessed whether or not anyone reads these words, but is a double blessing if God uses them to minister to you in any way.  Keep me in your prayers as you are in mine, and remember to thank the LORD today because He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)