30 October 2009

Travel Update!

Tomorrow I am flying down to Melbourne, Australia.  God willing I will be preaching at Calvary Chapel Melbourne and I look forward to holding forth God's Word.  I've been very blessed by the time of preparation and I have no doubt that God will prepare all our hearts to hear from Him.

The messages have come out of Hebrews 11:32-34:  "And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: [33] who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, [34] quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."  I find it ironic that most of the men of faith mentioned here are typically used as examples of what not to do.  If God sees these as men of faith, then instead of dwelling on faults and shortcomings it would be wise to consider their examples as good for a change.

God does not see as man sees.  He looks at the heart.  Instead of focusing on the faults of others, it would do us well to consider our faith.  Last I checked our names are not found listed in Hebrews 11.  Ours is a story yet to be written:  when Christ comes again, will He find faith on the earth?  Will faith be found in you?

1 comment:

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)