06 April 2011

Glimmer of Glory

This morning I left the house early for a meeting in Chatswood with local Calvary pastors.  As I watched the sun rise before our meeting, the top edge of dark clouds far off shone with brilliant light.  The gleaming ribbon of light stretched across the horizon was beautiful and I tried to take a photo on my mobile phone.  Though it was gorgeous with the naked eye, the pictures did not do God's creation justice.  The bottom half of the screen was so bleached out I could see brightness but without much clarity.  Every picture I took was immediately deleted as I drank in the beauty of the cool autumn morning.  My phone could not contain or portray the reality of the splendour I saw with my eyes.  God knows our eyes are not capable of taking in the sight of the sun obscured by clouds:  how then can a man turn his eyes upon God and live?  Because of this God made a provision for our weakness as it is written in John 1:14 "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."  Who can explain such wonders?

I feel like my phone sometimes.  The glory of God revealed to me I am not capable of passing on with the same precision and awesomeness as revealed through His Word, the Holy Spirit, or even in nature.  I am not a recipient of special grace or divine revelation untold, for God is no respecter of persons.  He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance, be healed, and be filled with the Spirit.  On my nameless tomb may it simply be written:  "A man saved by Jesus Christ in whom the Holy Spirit dwelt."  That God would place His glory within such a failed earthen vessel, broken and chipped and good for nothing in itself!  Yet God in His grace, mercy, and love has raised men from the dunghill and made us kings and priests unto Him!  Who can comprehend or adequately explain with words such humble condescension of so great a Being?

No man can do God justice.  Thankfully He is a gracious God who delights in mercy!  I am inadequate, I am wanting, I lack, I lack!  But thanks be to God that He grants us faith and strength to cling to His promises:  Philippians 4:19 reads, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  LORD Jesus, my All in All!  May your glory shine unabated for eternity according to the riches of your love and grace for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)