01 April 2011

A Life Worth Living

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit."
Psalm 32:1-2

Happy is the man whose sins are forgiven!  David goes on to describe the process in verses 3-5:  Psalm 32:3-5 reads, "When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. 4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah 5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah."  David freely confessed his sin before the LORD and God forgave him.  What a wonder, to be free from the guilt, shame, conviction, and condemnation our sin justly demands!

Psalm 103:12 states, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."  Our sins removed from us at such a distance that we need never be reminded of them again.  If we trust in Jesus Christ and humbly confess our sins, God will cleanse us, remove our sin from us, and chooses not to remember them ever again as it is written in Isaiah 43:25:  "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins."  God does not forget our sins:  He decides not to remember them.  What glorious forgiveness is granted us freely through the blood of Jesus Christ!

Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him as righteousness.  When we believe on Jesus Christ whom God has sent to be the Saviour of the world and repent of our sins, we are not only cleansed from iniquity but the righteousness of Christ is imputed to us.  This righteousness and eternal salvation is granted to us by grace through faith.  Jesus has become the payment for our sins.  Romans 3:21-26 reads, "But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Let us rejoice in the goodness of our God, who at His own expense has granted us life for death, and given us eternal salvation instead of eternal damnation.  Christ has removed all sin far from us and remembers it no more.  All this without guilt and bondage, all this without condemnation!  This, my friends, is a life of freedom worth living!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)