15 March 2012

Back from New Zealand

This morning Drew and I returned from a four-day jaunt to New Zealand to speak at the Calvary Chapel Bible Institute.  It was a blessing as we enjoyed the fellowship of Jesus Christ with staff and students alike.  It is a wonderful privilege to catch a small glimpse of what God is doing in another part of the globe.

My first impression when flying into New Zealand was lush, green beauty.  Ironically, the Bible Institute is located directly across the street from a thermal pool and spa resort called, "Hell's Gate."  On one side of the road people are spreading their beliefs concerning Ruaukoto, the Maori god of earthquakes and volcanic activity, while on the other side people are teaching the Good News of Jesus Christ, the One True God.  The demons worshiped by the Maori people have great power and influence over man, but the Almighty God is both Creator and Supreme Ruler.  Demons can copy God to a fixed point He ordains and deserve no worship.  2 Samuel 22:7-9 reads, "In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry entered His ears. 8 "Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken, because He was angry. 9 Smoke went up from His nostrils, and devouring fire from His mouth; coals were kindled by it."

Not only did we enjoy several wonderful days at the Bible Institute, but we were treated to an afternoon of walking through the city of Rotorua.  One of the things I wanted to do was drink an "L & P," which is "world-famous in New Zealand."  In May of 2009 in Brisbane was the last and only time I had previously enjoyed the drink.  After Drew and I had ice cream (I chose "dark chocolate raspberry and chili" which I highly recommend) we walked around, handed out some Gospel tracts, and spoke with folks from Calvary Chapel Rotorua.  The anointing of the Holy Spirit permeated our evening, and we rejoiced in the grace and greatness of our God.

Our prayers for a safe return to Australia were answered, and I am happy to be back in the land of OZ.  As I shared with both students and staff of my testimony concerning God's call and faithfulness to me and my family in Australia, it reaffirmed how good and gracious God has been.  How blessed and privileged we are to be broken by Him so He can heal and use us for His glory.  Over and over He bids us trust in Him, for He shall bring His perfect will to pass.  Rejoice in the LORD, believer, wherever God has you now.  Give no room for impatience!  Instead, seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.  Be faithful, even as God is faithful.  He will establish His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)