01 January 2018

God Will

At the dawn of a new year, many people seize the opportunity to make resolutions.  Whether or not they tend to stick is beside the point!  It is not just a new year which can motivate a person to promise or pledge to do things differently.  For some it may be ill-fitting pants which lead to more regular exercise.  It could be a close call behind the wheel which prompts someone to stop drink-driving.  A decision to change doesn't always end with the desired change, but few positive changes in life occur without acknowledging we need to change.  The human will is incredibly strong, but it doesn't mean we always do what we say we will.

A couple things I love about God is He is good and He does not change.  When He says He will do something, He will.  It may not look like anything is happening, and it may seem like an eternity before progress is made.  God will always be true to His Word, and when we meet His conditions we can place our complete confidence in Him.  This morning I read a wonderful thing for us to say we will do (and actually follow through) in Psalm 91:2:  "I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust."  Upon legal tender used in the United States it is written, "In God We Trust."  Have you discovered trusting God is not something to say but to do?  The amazing thing is when we place our faith in God He will follow through without fail to render to us specific blessings out of His grace.

Later in Psalm 91 the voice of the passage changes.  Instead of speaking about God from the third person, it shifts to the first person voice.  God has resolved in Psalm 91:14-16, "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16  With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation."  See all the things God has promised to do for all who trust in Him?  I will deliver him; I will set him on high; I will answer his prayers; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver and honour him; I will satisfy him with long life; I will show him My salvation.  Will you speak of the LORD and trust in Him?  Blessings beyond count and compare are given by God to all who do so!  Let us be ever resolute in faith as we depend upon God's strength, and praise God all He says He will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)