03 January 2021

Blessing Revealed

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."
Deuteronomy 29:29

This verse ministered to my heart this morning as I considered it.  The first thing to be observed is there are secret things only God knows.  I can often be troubled by what I do not know, and it is possible the thing I desire to know will remain secret and unknown to me because it is only God's to know.  Since the LORD knows all things, nothing is hidden or a secret to Him.  Because He is the almighty, supreme God and is good, I can rest comfortably though secrets are kept from me.

The second point which struck me is my LORD and Creator has chosen to reveal Himself and His wisdom to me.  God delights to reveal Himself to the soul who seeks and trusts Him, and the revelations of God are to be passed on to our children.  God directed His people to teach their children of Him and His statutes throughout the day so they might fear God and keep His commandments.  Because of the new covenant provided by the blood of Jesus, Jew and Gentile are given the right to become sons of God who believe on His name.  It is a spiritual birth by faith in Jesus which enables us to be adopted as God's children to whom He reveals Himself by the power of the Holy Spirit.  The things He has taught us we and our children are to observe and obey.

The final point is a glorious one as it points to the eternal, immutable nature of God and the everlasting life He gives us through the Gospel:  the things God has revealed "belong to us and to our children forever."  We are the eternal inheritance and precious possession of God who has purchased us with His own blood, and we will live with Him forever in glory.  Seeking God and heeding His word is not a burdensome obligation but a joyful duty borne out of His great love for us.  Our love is limited and has an end, but God's love is active and eternal.  Now and forever our relationship to God is not "I guess I have to" but "He loves me."  The Bible makes no secret how blessed are all those who walk in the revealed will of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)