03 March 2010

A Closer Walk

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
I am weak, but Thou art strong,
Jesus, keep me from all wrong,
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more,
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom's shore, to Thy shore
.

How much do you desire a closer walk with Jesus Christ?  Sometimes as we pick up our cross daily to follow Jesus we can hardly see Him with all the dust the wind of life kicks up.  It is likely if you do not urgently desire a closer walk with Jesus you will never have it.  God makes our heart yearn for His presence, having tasted and seen that the LORD is good.  How many of the activities of your life move you toward this goal?  What priority does this desire have in your heart?  If it is not your first desire, you will not obtain it.  As the man who sold all he had to obtain the treasure in the field, we must be willing to trade all of our fleshly desires and goals so we might have Christ.  Jesus will not join Himself to us when we disperse our fountains of love abroad through the streets, but only when we reserve ourselves as cisterns for His personal use.  We are our Beloved's and He is ours.  We cannot be too close to such a Savior and Lover of our souls.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got on the blog and now I am even a follower. God is amazing from someone who tries to check e-mails once a week now God uses my husband to help me check them everyday!!! Looking forward to being even more apart of Gods journey in your and thru your lives. One of your prayers has been answered I have heard you sold your house within days of it being listed. God is good. See you both Tuesday if not Sunday
    Kelley :)

    ReplyDelete

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)