19 October 2011

What God Wants is You

I love it when a God changes my whole perspective with words spoken with that small, still voice to my heart.  During a time of prayer last night at church, considered my commitment to God.  Had I surrendered all to Him, or was I holding back?  In my heart I prayed, "LORD, I give you my hobbies, money, and my time.  I commit all my possessions and even my desires and dreams to you."  Immediately He spoke to my heart:  "Forget those things.  All I want is you."

God spoke this word of encouragement to me, but I believe it is for all people.  Sometimes we think that it is our sacrifices that please God.  We think if we give more, serve more, and deny our flesh from food or certain activities God will be satisfied with us.  I realized that God wants me to give things to Him - not because He desires them or because I must prove myself - but because those things draw me away from Him.  It is me who God treasures.  He is a jealous God who wants all my loyalty and affection.  It is for the sake of sinful mankind that Jesus came to earth to seek and save the lost.

Do you realize that all God wants is you?  He loves you just as you are, not for any benefits, devotion, or gain you may provide.  Forget trying to offer God things unless you are first willing to offer yourself without strings attached.  It is only then your offering will be acceptable in God's sight.  Then you will not be looking to your works, but be walking by faith in Jesus Christ as LORD, Saviour, and Lover of your soul as you surrender to Him.  Malachi 3:16-17 reads, "Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD listened and heard them; so a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who meditate on His name. 17 "They shall be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him."  As a man treasures jewels, so God treasures those who fear Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)