18 November 2014

The Healthy Perspective

This morning I asked God to provide something for me to post on the blog, and today He saw fit to provide in a way I did not expect!  God speaks through times of prayer and scripture reading, but He also reveals Himself in the mundane.  When a man knows God, it changes his perspective of everything.  Even in accidents God's grace and goodness is revealed.  In a little booklet I read the other day written by Ken Ham, he stated all students of science use the same facts but their worldviews dictate how the facts are interpreted.  It is God in a person who opens our eyes to His gracious benefits even when things "go wrong."

In between studies this morning, I went to the kitchen to prepare a coffee for myself.  After tamping the grounds in the portafiller, I pulled the stainless steel milk frothing jug from the strainer.  Unknown to me (at first!), the blade attachment for our blender was stealthily tucked inside!  Before I even looked down or felt the sting, I knew what had happened:  the blender attachment had fallen - face down - into my toe.  It didn't bleed right away, but I kept my eye on it.  It wouldn't be long...yep, oozing blood began to slowly outline the small incision.  I grabbed a paper towel and spent the next few minutes looking through the house for Band-Aids!

As I cleaned the wound, I marveled how close the point of the blade came to hitting the leather strap on my Rainbow thongs.  A couple of millimetres to the left and all the discomfort could have been avoided!  But my mind did not settle on that point, because had the tip of the blade entered a couple millimetres to the right, I would have likely damaged the tendon on my big toe and also sliced through a vein!  Given the situation, instead of lamenting the injury I praised God it was not more severe.  As it was I would relegate the cut to a mild inconvenience and hardly worth mentioning.  But it is worth mentioning that God is worthy of praise whether we manage to avoid injury or if a flying cleaver chops off an entire toe!  Even should the body of a child of God be ruined or destroyed, we have been promised by God a new, resurrected, and glorified body we will use to dwell with God and praise and serve Him forever!

Keeping our eyes on God is a healthy perspective that leads to the grateful praise of God with all thankfulness.  Psalm 118:28-29 concludes with, "You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You. 29 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."  God's goodness and mercy does not hinge on the condition of my toe, but what grace He showed me today in protecting me and opening my eyes to see His providential hand for my God and His glory.  Turn your eyes to God and praise the One worthy of all glory and praise for He is good, and His mercy endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)