12 October 2012

Are You All Alone?


I was deeply saddened over a story reported on cnn.com about Amanda Todd's story, a casualty of blackmail and bullying.  She was a desperate girl who felt all alone.  It seems a regrettable decision led to a spiral of panic, fear, and shame.  Instead of finding support among those Amanda thought were her friends, she was driven away.  I know that Amanda is not alone.  Many people in this world are victims of brutal and malicious bullying.  But they are not as alone as they might think.  There is hope for the hopeless, if we will believe and receive it.

You might be very alone in this world, without a single friend.  Perhaps enemies surround you on every side.  You are judged and misjudged.  You feel forgotten and lost in the darkness.  You have made decisions that you regret and wish you could take them back.  The hurt and pain are so real and raw you are desperate.  So-called friends have betrayed and disowned you.  Maybe you are even hurting yourself because of the pain.  Is there anyone who cares?  Please allow me to offer a handshake and a hug to you.  I'm so sorry you are hurting.  I'm sorry for the things you have suffered.  You might ask, how can I truly love you without knowing you?  I can legitimately love you because Jesus loves me.  He has changed my heart.  Jesus says this in John 15:12:  "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

How has Jesus loved me?  1 Corinthians 13:4-7 describes this unfailing love.  "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."  God has put this love in my heart.  He even gives us the ability to love our enemies.  Jesus proved His love for me by dying on the cross.  I was once an enemy of God, but His love has transformed me.  Are you desperately hungry for this love?  This is no joke.  This love is real and I offer it freely to you.

Please don't believe the lie that you have nobody in the world.  Jesus will have you if you will have Him.  Proverbs 17:17 reads, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."  I'm not perfect, but I offer you love and my friendship.  I can't be there for everyone in the world, but Jesus can!  I will do my best to respond to any messages.

You have my word that all comments generated by this post will be kept confidential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)