06 October 2012

Home Again!

I have never been as delighted as I was yesterday to endure peak hour traffic.  I was blessed beyond words to pick up my wife and sons from the airport after their amazing visit of family and friends in the United States.  I want to thank all of you who were so gracious and generous to host and bless them with giving of your time to visit, for hosting, transportation, and the many encouraging words, meals, and gifts.  Jetlag has been present but not oppressive.  Thanks very much for all the prayer and love.  Words cannot adequately convey my thanks to God and you all for your care and kindness.  I hope to spend some extra time with the boys before they head back to school routine on Tuesday.

It is good to have the family home.  I do not use the word "home" lightly.  The ultimate home for all who are in Christ is heaven, a city whose Maker is God.  But for now, Australia is the place we are blessed to call home.  I feel like the words of Christ in Mark 10:29-30 have already been fulfilled:  "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's, 30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life."  For those who miss us greatly and by God's grace do so with joy for Christ's sake, you no doubt will receive a gracious reward.  Separation can be a bitter pill to swallow, but in Christ we have sweetness beyond compare.  We never need be separated from Him and in Christ is our life.  Taste and see that the LORD is good!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! It was wonderful to spend time together; we miss you all, and praise God that our forever home is with Christ...together with you and with all receive God's gracious offer of salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ! I like the new look on your blog too! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)