16 September 2009

Where I'll be staying God willing...

I am excited to report that I know where I will be staying when I travel to Brisbane.  The Landman family has graciously extended their hospitality to me during my visit.  Louis and Sonja invited me over to their home for a wonderful dinner with them during my previous stay.  They have two terrific kids, Louise and Johan, and I look forward to spending time together.  If you want to check out the street I'll be staying on, feel free to check out the link.  The area is indicative of much of the suburbia that is Brisbane, very picturesque and beautiful.  Please pray for the Landman family and I thank God for their sacrificial hospitality.

I had a conversation with a brother at church that reminded me that I need to explain my visa situation so you might pray towards that end.  I will be traveling on a "tourist visa," which is a one year visa that allows multiple entry but only for a three month maximum stay.  I am not allowed to do any work or make any money in AUS.  A tourist visa only makes sense in the interim because it is easily obtained and is cheap.  The trouble is I cannot afford to bring the whole family over on tourist visas and leave every three months for a couple weeks.

Another visa option is the "religious workers visa."  This is a two year visa that would cover me and my family, but I would not be able to draw any income from AUS.  There are prerequesites for obtaining this visa as well:  I would have to be brought into an established church in Queensland as a pastor.  The church would apply with Queensland to be eligible to bring in a foreign minister, and then I would have to apply with Queensland as well.  The church would have to prove that I have a skill set not available in Queensland, and that I am not taking a job away from Australians.

Then there is the independent worker.  This visa is very spendy (about $4,000 American) to pay for the application process and is no guarantee whatsoever that I will be accepted.  There are only certain trades that qualify, and I've been out of my trade (mechanical insulator) for longer than three years so I don't believe I qualify.  Once this visa is obtained, you can only work in the field that the visa specifies.  This still would not guarantee a job, provide permanent residency, and you can forget trying to become a dual-citizen without that.

You know why this pumps me up?  Because the only way I will be able to serve long-term in Australia is with the divine intervention of God!  The doors He shuts none can open, and the doors He opens none can shut!  Beaurocracy is not greater than my Savior, and all nations tremble at His voice.  No government can stand before the KING of Kings and LORD of Lords.  I rejoice in my Savior, Jesus Christ.  It's miraculous that two continents are united with people praying and supporting me and my family in this venture of faith for the glory of God.  The earth is the LORD's, and the fullness thereof.  The whole earth is filled with His glory!

Is anything too hard for our God?  He does not change, grow weary, or become faint.  If anything is too hard for your god, then your god is a pathetic farce.  My God is LORD of ALL, and nothing is too hard for Him.  He is worthy of all honor, glory, and praise.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this...it clears up my muddled head

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the blogger, sir!
    I am happy and looking forward to reading more of your crazy bloggings.

    Good luck with the visas.

    ReplyDelete

To uphold the integrity of this site, no comments with links for advertising will be posted. No ads here! :)